I am rather excited today, dear readers. The reason for my excitement is this: the lovely GothicHeartsAndBatWings has nominated me for something called the GARGIE award. As one can imagine, this has left me in a state of euphoria. There’s something endearingly odd about the GARGIE award too, which I adore. Of course, with great power, there comes great responsibility, and so in order to accept this award, I must follow the conditions it comes with. Well, I think I can manage that.
1. Display the award badge as prominently on your site as you are inclined… if you like. Okey dokes!
2. Publish a post to inform the world of your great achievement. Done, but I wouldn’t exactly call it “great”…
3. Nominate some fellow bloggers (who have been outstanding in their field… figuratively or literally)… if you feel inclined. I love this bit!
4. Indicate to your nominees that they have received the award… provided you have completed step three.
Okey dokes then. My nominees are as follows:
- The Red Serpent
- TA Grey
- Crow Roads
- Roses and Vellum
- Silent Owl
- Chloe Henderson
- The Weirdest Band in the World
- Scout The Reckless
- My Swagger Has a First Name
- Ambivalence Personified
- The Toymaker
- Weaselgals’ Haven
- S. Harry Zade
- Also, I know that awards like this isn’t their thing, so instead I’m gonna take this opportunity to give a big shout-out to Soulish Exhortations. Read them, they’re funny.
And since I’m giving shout-outs right now, I’d like to draw your attention to a band called Absence of Pressure, some of whose members are friends of mine. Below are two of their original songs. Quite groovy, are they not?